TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for using www.geomar.com.cy
Please read these Terms carefully.
Accessing our site and viewing our products and services does not require any registration.
However, if you decide to buy any product from our website you will need to become a registered user (which is totally free).
In order to register to www.geomar.com.cy, you must:
– Complete the registration process
– Agree to our Terms and Conditions
– Provide true, complete, and up-to-date contact information.
By using our website, you represent and warrant that you meet all the requirements listed above, and that you won’t use our website in a way that violates any laws or regulations.
We may refuse service, close accounts of any users, and change eligibility requirements at any time.
Account and Password
You’re responsible for keeping your username and password confidential. You’re also responsible for any account that you have access to, whether or not you authorized the use. You should immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your accounts. We’re not responsible for any losses due to stolen or hacked passwords. We don’t have access to your current password, and for security reasons, we may only reset your password.
You can review the personal information you have provided us and make any desired changes to such information, or to the settings, at any time by logging in to your account on our website.
We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts or remove or edit content if you are in breach of applicable laws, these Terms and Conditions or any other applicable guidelines or policies.
Pricing and Availability
All prices are inclusive of legally applicable VAT, according to the current VAT legislation.
Prices listed on our website can be changed at any time without any notice.
All product offers are valid until stock lasts.
We list availability information for products sold on our website, on each product information page. Beyond what we say on that page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about availability. As we process your order, we will inform you by e-mail or by phone as soon as possible if any products in you order turn out to be unavailable and you will not be charged for those products.
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, we are not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information to that displayed on our website. Colours may also differ. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings and directions provided with the product before use.
For healthcare products, in the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product, please carefully read the information provided with the product or contact us.
We will never ask for any financial information, such as your bank account number, credit card numbers, or any other information related with financial data.
All payments are performed by credit card using a secure Gateway checkout page provided by JCC Payment Systems Ltd. When you are about to pay, you will be redirected to the JCC secure Gateway checkout page, enter your payment details and perform the payment and then redirected back to our website to view your order receipt.
Any user who enters and trades or uses the services of the online store (hereinafter referred to as “visitor” and / or “user” or “customer” depending on whether he is limited to visiting only the store or places and orders products and services) shall be deemed to agree and unconditionally accept the following terms herein, without exception. If a user does not agree with these terms, then he must responsibly refrain from visiting, using the website as well as from any transaction or use of the services of the online store.
The company, in the context of good faith, is not responsible and is not bound by electronic data entries made by mistake / inadvertence during the common experience and is entitled to correct them whenever it realizes their existence by cancelling or not accepting any or all of the orders that may arise.
Please Review our Delivery Policy which applies to all products sold by our website.
Please review our Returns Policy which applies to all products sold by our website.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18 you may only use our website with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Contact us – Head Office
Online, using our contact form.
By email, at email@example.com
We will reply during week days, from 08:00 – 17:00.
Our legal identity
www.geomar.com.cy is owned and operated by GEOMAR (Electric Trading)Co.Ltd.
Our head offices and contact details
Address: 31 A,B,C METOCHIOU STR. 1101 Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel: +357- 22 773377
Company Registration number: HE 12065762U
VAT number: CY- 10065762S
Protecting your privacy
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. We appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy and data, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. The ‘data controller’ as per GDPR regulations for our website services, GEOMAR (Electric Trading)Co.Ltd.
How we use your private data
We use your data in a number of ways. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
How we use your name & contact details? Why we need your name and contact details?
- To deliver your purchases to you We need this data to perform our contract with you.
- To send you messages by text, e-mail to update you about your order.
- We need this to enhance the service to you and perform our contract with you.
To send you information by text, email or app about new products and services We only send this if you give us ‘opt-in’ permission. You can opt-out at any time.
To detect and prevent fraud
- To detect fraud against either you or our company.
To show you advertisements as you browse the internet.
- So we can keep informed about products and services you are interested in.
How we use your gender information? Why we need your gender information?
- To show you suitable products and services
- To save you time and make your buying experience better
How we use your payment information? Why we need your payment information?
- To receive payment and give refunds
- We need this to perform our contract with you.
Fraud prevention and detection
- To prevent and detect fraud against either you or our company
* WE DO NOT USE OR KEEP RECORDS OF YOUR CARD SECURITY CODE (CVV) OR ANY OTHER DETAILS ON YOUR CARD. THIS DATA IS TRANSFERRED DIRECT TO THE ONLINE PAYMENT PROCESSOR SUCH AS JCC OR SIMILAR.
How we use your contact history? Why we need your contact history?
- To provide customer service and support We need this data to perform our contract with you.
- To train our staff so we can offer better service to you. So that when you contact us, you get the best possible customer service
How we use purchase history and saved items? Why we need purchase history and saved items?
- To sell you products and services We need this to perform our contract with you.
To provide customer service and support. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you
- To find out what you like so we offer suitable products and services To offer what customers want and stay ahead of the competition
- How we use information you give us when you browse our site, such as IP address, device type, location etc? Why we need information you give us when you browse our site, such as IP address, device type, location etc?
- To improve our website and set default options such as language, currency etc
- To give you the best possible shopping experience
Protect our website
- To detect and prevent fraud against either you or our company and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.
How we use information from external sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
- To enhance your user experience and save time for you.
- To provide product recommendations So you can see and buy items that are suitable for you.
Sharing your information
We have not, do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. We aim to earn and maintain your absolute trust. However, we do share your data with the following types of companies as an essential part of providing services to you:
– Third party companies that provide services to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
– Third party companies that provide services to help us such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts
– Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can detect and prevent fraud
– External companies such as social media sites which you have chosen to use.
If in our original application you agreed, then we will send you marketing messages by email and SMS, to advise you about new products and services.
How to stop marketing messages from us
You can stop receiving marketing messages us at any time either by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email or sms message or by contacting our head office (tel +357-22- 773377). It may take a few days for all our systems to be updated according to your request, so you may receive a message from us while we process your request. Please note if you request for us to stop marketing messages, this will not stop service communications such as order updates.
Online advertisements for www.geomar.com.cy
From time to time, we engage in online advertising, to keep inform current and prospective customers about our products and services. The banners you see will be based on information that we hold about you and your use of our website. We target our ‘banners’ to you using services offered by third party social media networks but also using digital marketing technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags and cookies.
What are cookies and how we use them ?
There are four main types of cookies:
– site functionality cookies allow you to navigate the site and use features, such as “Add to Cart” and “Save for Later”.
– site analytics cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
– customer preference cookies help us analyse your preferences, language, location etc so we can make your shopping experience better and more personal to you.
– targeting or advertising cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device (computer, tablet or mobile phone) and access them when you visit our website in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are on your device, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. General information about cookies can be found at the link below: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/.
Caution: By deleting or disabling cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our website.
Your information in countries outside Europe
We confirm that your privacy and your data rights are protected through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses. More information your rights is available at the link below: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087
How long we keep your data
We hold your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may keep some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Summary of your privacy rights
The new EU GDPR regulations provide many rights including among others:
– the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
– the right to access the personal information we hold about you
– the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
– the right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it
– the right to stop direct marketing messages at any time
– the right to withdraw consent for other data processing at any time
– the right to request that we transfer your data to you or another service provider
– the right to complain to the official ‘Data Protection Regulator’ in Cyprus where we are based
If you want to exercise any of above rights or you have a complaint or suggestion, please contact us by email to: email@example.com or call our head offices tel +357-22- 773377.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Geomar website or by
email or text sms.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
To find out more, please check What are cookies (opens in a new window; please note that we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).
If you don’t wish to enable cookies on your computer, that will mean that your experience of using our website site will be impaired – as some of the cookies help us to identify and resolve errors for example, or determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but see the Managing cookies section for help to turn them on should you need to.
We do have relationships with third parties who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes – in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. If you’d like to opt out, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window – please note that we’re not responsible for the content of external websites).
DO NOT TRACK
Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If you enable it, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing isn’t tracked, for example by third party ad or social networks, or analytic companies.
You can opt out of tracking and analytics on this website by changing your settings – see the Managing Cookies section on this page.
At present no industry-wide uniform standard has been agreed and adopted to determine how DNT requests should be managed, so our website doesn’t currently respond to DNT requests. Until that standard is established, we’ll continue to review DNT and other new technologies, but won’t respond to DNT requests.
We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to both comply with legislation, and make sure we’re honest and clear about your privacy when using our website. We know you’d expect nothing less from us, and please be assured that we’re working on a number of other privacy and cookie-related improvements to the website.
Returns for the products can be made only with a presentation of proof of purchase, provided that the products have not been used and the product condition is at exactly the state when originally purchased, and no longer than within seven (7) working days from the invoice date.
GEOMAR has the right to withhold 20% of the product value if the product has been used or if the condition is not in its original condition.
No returns will be accepted to products used as:
- Personal care products (clippers, razors, electric toothbrushes, hair removal machines)
2. Installation cost, service labour, delivery, product maintenance
3. Consumables for used appliances (washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, ovens, hobs, microwaves, food preparation appliances)
We deliver only within Cyprus and we only deliver on weekdays (Monday to Friday). We do not deliver on holidays and weekends.
We currently offer 3 ways of delivering our products to you:
– FREE Pick-up from a GEOMAR.The order processing time is 1 to 2 working days.When your order is ready for pick up you will receive an sms on your mobile, an email or a phone call.
– Pick-up from any Akis Express or ACS Courier pick-up office (FREE, for purchases over €100.For orders under €100 there is a charge of €3.) When your order will be ready to be picked up by the courier you will be notified via phone and or/email. This delivery method is not available for big domestic appliances, in this case you can choose one of the other two delivery methods
– Home Delivery, using Akis Express or ACS Courier, except some remote areas (FREE, for purchases over €100.For orders under €100 there is a charge of €5.) When your order is ready to be delivered to your location you will be notified via phone and or/email. In cases of big domestic appliances extra charges may occur and in some cases we may not be able at all to deliver to your desired location.However, in any case we will contact you in advance to inform you accordingly.In cases of remote areas where home delivery cannot be carried out to your chosen area,you can choose one of the two other methods.
We will do our best to deliver your product within 3-5 working days.
Please note that delivery times are only estimates.. They are not guaranteed delivery times and should not be relied upon as such.
We cannot take responsibility for order and delivery delays outside our organizations control or for delays that occur as a result of Acts of God like fire, flood, earthquake, storm, or other natural disaster, war, invasion, civil war, rebellion, riot, terrorist activities, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service.
ALTHOUGH WE WILL NEVER DISPATCH A PRODUCT IN DAMAGED PACKAGING, UPON DELIVERY OR PICK-UP, PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE THAT THE EXTERNAL PACKAGING AND THE ADHESIVE GEOMAR-SIGNED TAPE ARE INTACT, TO AVOID RECEIVING A FAULTY OR NON-FULLY FUNCTIONING PRODUCT. AFTER YOU SIGN TO RECEIVE THE PRODUCT, YOU ACCEPT THE PRODUCT AS IT IS AND YOU HAVE NO CLAIM REGARDING THE PACKAGING AND THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PRODUCT.
WARRANTIES & SERVICES
After Sale Service
At Geomar, our relationship does not end with your purchase. Our commitment is to offer on going, reliable support for every appliance bought from Geomar. With our island-wide network and well-trained technicians, we provide the highest standard of after sales service, quickly and hassle-free.
- Warranty applies only with a proof of purchase.
- The duration of the guarantee set by each manufacturer varies between 12/24 or even longer as it depends on the manufacturer’s instructions and the law. Warranty is valid from the date of purchase of the device.
- If a product under warranty develops technical problem it must be examined by an authorized technician. In all cases, manufacturer’s terms & conditions for repairs or replacements are applied.
Installation fee for all Home Appliances as well as installation fees for Air Conditioners are as follows:
- Home Appliances: €25
- In case installation Home Appliances need a Lifting machine, expenses to be paid from the buyer
- Basic installation for Air Conditioners:
9000 -12000BTU: €119
18000 – 24000BTU: €130
The charge includes the installation with maximum distance 3m between the indoor and outdoor unit.VAT is included in above prices.
Additional Air Conditioner installation work:
- Supply and installation of outdoor wall mount: €35
- Supply and installation of Heater switch: €20
- Supply and installation of Isolator: €55
- Air Conditioning pipe cleaning: €30
- Installation with distance over 3 meters between the indoor and the outdoor unit – 15€ per meter
- Plastic Trucking to cover hoses 10×50 – 10€ per meter
- Disconnection of any air-conditioner 9000 – 12000 –18000 –24000btus – 20€
- Any other work should be ask from the buyer will be cost on the spot
- In case installation Air Conditionerrs need a Lifting machine, expenses to be paid from the buyer